Thursday, February 26, 2009

Friday January 4, 1895

Snowed early--cleared at noon, thaws
grows colder tonight

Rec'd the rest of my salary to-day. Have a hard cold so feel tired. Cleaned up my room. Finished three aprons for Mrs. Flagg's boys. The children have had a nice week for skating & sliding. Miss Bessie Fay said "I am so glad it is the last day of school. I am so tired." I wonder if the teachers ever think of the rest who care for 150 children at one time, and seven days in the week! Evening. The party is in progress. Took my bath after the girls. Had a letter from George R. Am not so sure all is over between us. I may have been mistaken. Some Miss Thompson called while I was bathing.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I'm surprised she had a salary. My assumption about a woman from 1895 is that she would not work. But I like her better already. :-)

    Now I want to know who are these people who care for 150 children 7 days a week -- if they're not teachers?

    Can't wait to see what happens between her and George. :-)

    ReplyDelete