Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday April 15, 1895

Jennie Talmages' birthday

Cloudy--stormed this evening

Went to the dressmaker this A.M. She will make a silk waist too. Miss Gardner will let me know on Friday if she will make my black silk. Have another pair of pillowcases ready to stitch, & a sheet more than half done: worked some on my tray cloth. Had a letter from Mrs. Atwell & she told George & Belle. I have written her I was sorry. I will try to go out before long to see her. Hope to go to Anna's tomorrow.

Miss G'law put a doll all covered up on the lounge to fool Dr. S this morning & told him she had only one sick one & she would not open her eyes. Miss G'law seems very sober today. Am afraid she is worrying about her sister. Mister Higley, the new watchman, is here. Bridget has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment